Tania has a well established criminal defence practice, with an emphasis on sexual and violent offences, increasingly as a leader and also as a junior (alone or led). In addition, she has many years of experience in large, complex fraud cases and has successfully defended a large number of confiscation matters.
She is valued by solicitors for her client care and hands-on approach to cases and is highly regarded for her sensitive approach to cases involving vulnerable defendants.
She has appeared at appellate level in a wide range of cases both in relation to conviction and sentence. Tania accepts instructions directly from members of the public (Public Access) in all non-legally aided work.
MembershipsCriminal Bar Association, South Eastern Circuit
- R v FK and Ors (2014) : Defendant charged with a large scale conspiracy to defraud the London Borough of Southwark (Woolwich CC).
- R v KC (2014) : involving allegations of rape against a 16 year old girl known to the family of the defendant (Harrow CC).
- R v GP (2014) : involving allegations of rape against a 9 year old girl (Wood Green CC).
- R v NP (2014) : involving numerous allegations of rape against a partner (Snaresbrook CC).
- R v DP (2013) : a case involving 37 separate complainants of sexual abuse (Southwark CC).
- R v Dylan Addo and Ors : conspiracy to supply firearms and ammunition with intent to endanger life.
- R v AM : conspiracy to import counterfeit cigarettes on a very large scale.
- R v NM : people trafficking.
- R v Auguste : allowing premises to be used for the purposes of smoking cannabis.
- R v Raffique : dangerous dogs.
InterestsTania is a self-confessed ‘foodie’ and loves to bake in her spare time.
Privacy NoticeDownload Tania’s Privacy Notice.
LLM International & Commercial Law