Services for other professionals
Staple Inn’s Barristers accept instructions under the “Licensed Access” regime from members of any of the professional bodies listed below. This negates the need to instruct a solicitor to act as an intermediary between you and the barrister and will lead to a reduction in costs.
In particular, our Property Team regularly accepts instructions to advise and assist surveyors. Please see the property team page for more details.
Our experienced and approachable team of clerks have the knowledge and skills to direct clients to the appropriate barrister for any particular case, depending on its complexity.
Generally, in privately funded matters, our barristers work on fixed fees or hourly rates. Fees will depend on the seniority of the barrister and the type and complexity of the case. As a guide, the hourly rate range is currently between £200+VAT and £450+VAT per hour. Timescales for completing the case will also depend on the type and complexity of the case and the availability of the barrister you wish to instruct.
Please contact the clerks to obtain a quotation for legal services.
Members of the following professional bodies are able, in most cases, to make use of the licensed access scheme:
Accountants and taxation advisers
1. The Association of Authorised Public Accountants
2. The Association of Taxation Technicians
3. The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
4. The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
5. The Institute of Chartered Accountants
6. The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
7. The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland
8. The Chartered Institute of Taxation
9. The Institute of Financial Accountants
10. The Institute of Indirect Taxation
1. The Insolvency Practitioners Association
Architects, surveyors and town planners
1. The Architects Registration Council of the UK
2. The Architects and Surveyors Institute
3. The Association of Consultant Architects
4. The Royal Institute of British Architects
5. The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
6. The Royal Town Planning Institute
1. The Institution of Chemical Engineers
2. The Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors
3. The Institution of Civil Engineers
4. The Institution of Engineering and Technology
5. The Institution of Mechanical Engineers
6. The Institution of Structural Engineers
1. The Incorporated Society of valuers & Auctioneers
1. The Faculty of Actuaries
2. The Institute of Actuaries
Chartered secretaries and administrators
1. The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
2. The Association of Average adjusters
3. The Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters
4. The Chartered Insurance Institute