Landlord & Tenant Law
Staple Inn Chambers has a team of specialist barristers whose areas of expertise and cases extend from the County Court and Leasehold Valuation Tribunal through to the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
The team prides itself upon the high level of expertise offered in the following areas of practice:
- Housing Law (with a heavy emphasis on social housing)
- Landlord & Tenant Law
- Commercial Leases and Business Tenancies
In particular Staple Inn has vast experience representing social landlords at all levels and accepts instructions in the full range of social housing matters including, but not limited to:
- Rent arrears based possession claims
- Homelessness and allocation
- Anti-social behaviour injunctions
- Squatters and interim possession claims
- Trespass and adverse possession
- Residential Leasehold disputes (including Leasehold Valuation Tribunal claims)
- Commercial Leasehold including relief from forfeiture and dilapidations
- High hedges
Chambers practitioners are highly regarded in their respective areas of practice and count amongst their clients well-known Local Authorities, Housing Associations and Commercial and private clients. Indeed Chambers was very proud to come top of the joint London Boroughs of Southwark and Lambeth legal panel tendering process in two categories: Social Housing and Civil Litigation.
Many of the team offer assistance and services to Public Access clients and Chambers also offer an accredited mediation service. Our barristers are available to assist you with any problems in the above areas that you might encounter.